H E R B A L R E M E D I E S // menstrual cramps
- Valerian Root - relieves anxiety, relaxes muscles, improves quality of sleep. contains antispasmodic properties that can ease tension and cramps.
- Cinnamon - potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Star Anise - reduces bloating and nausea, promotes regulated flow, disinfects and soothes the stomach, improves digestion.
- Ginger - reduces nausea/fatigue associated with menstruation, promotes pain relief in the stomach and digestive system, anti-inflammatory.
- Dandelion Root - cleanses stomach and digestive system, reduces headaches associated with menstruation, relieves water retention, reduces bloating and cramping.
- Chicory Root - decreases swelling and bloating, regulates appetite, contains mild laxative effect.
DIY Tea Blends
- Relaxation: steep valerian root, peppermint leaves, and licorice root in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- Happy Tummy: steep fresh ginger root (or ginger tea) with cinnamon, star anise, and a pinch of cayenne pepper in boiling water for 15-20 minutes.
- Cramp Relief: steep dandelion flowers and roots with hibiscus flower in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Steep with chicory root for an additional 5 minutes.
For my witch friends with bleedin’ parts.
(Source: , via witchcraftings)